CALL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES
San Juan County Fire Protection District #2 provides emergency medical services (advanced life support), fire prevention and suppression, and public education services to all of Orcas Island.
At approximately 55 square miles, with elevations ranging from sea level to 2,400 feet, the topography of Orcas Island is the most diverse of the San Juan Islands.
OIFR serves a permanent population of about 5,000 and a summer population of approximately 12,000.
Due to the ongoing and changing COVID-19 situation, Orcas Island Fire & Rescue has made the decision to close stations to the public.
We took the step last week of cancelling all public meetings through the end of March to help slow the potential spread of the virus. The closure will be assessed at the end of the month for possible extension.
We do not make this decision lightly, but we need to be sure the public and our responders have the best chance to minimize possible exposure.
We continue to respond to emergencies and are taking necessary steps outlined by our Medical Control Physician to help protect our responders.
• If you have an emergency, dial 911 as usual and we will come to you
• Call our office at 360-376-2331 if you have questions. We are still here answering phones from 8-4, M-F
• Our district website has a lot of information and useful links. https://www.orcasfire.org/covid-19-resources-and-informati…/
• Burn permits may still be purchased online – see comments for link to the burn permit website.
• The Fire Marshal is available by phone at 360-378-FIRE(3473) to help you with the online process. Please leave him a message if needing assistance.
Thank you for your understanding as we come together as a community to get through these uncertain times.
|Sunday:||Stations closed to the public|
|Monday:||8:00 am-4:00 pm||Stations closed to the public|
|Tuesday:||8:00 am-4:00 pm||Stations closed to the public|
|Wednesday:||8:00 am-4:00 pm||Stations closed to the public|
|Thursday:||8:00 am-4:00 pm||Stations closed to the public|
|Friday:||8:00 am-4:00 pm||Stations closed to the public|
|Saturday:||Stations closed to the public|
45 Lavender Lane
Eastsound, WA 98245